fbpx

Global Awakening Blog

Articles, podcasts, videos, and more to inspire and equip you. This is life in the great global awakening!

The Spirit of Fear Is Getting an Eviction Notice

gaining victory over fear - photo of a man on a high rock

A couple of summers back, the spirit of fear came to visit my house. The air was charged with a strange anxiety and an unsettling feeling. It was distracting, confusing, and blatantly out of place. In spite of this he made himself at home in the midst of my house, taking up residence as if he belonged.

He sat on the couch, propped up his feet and began to dominate the conversation. He was aggressive, rude, and extremely presumptuous. The dialogue quickly turned dark as he told me all of my worst fears, and the more I unintentionally divulged my insecurities the larger his presence felt in my house. The things he spoke of were vile, wicked, and made me feel powerless at first.

The longer I allowed him to lead the conversation, the angrier and more volatile I became. It’s as if he could sense my triggers and went straight for the jugular. He didn’t attack me personally but he systematically came after my family, loved ones, and all that I hold dear. He told me how my family would die through random acts of senseless violence and how everything I loved would be ripped away from me in the most horrific and violent fashion. He spoke about my ministry & destiny: that I would experience a loss of influence due to the fallout of such horrific events taking place in my life. He began to bring up every weak area of my life thus far and the systematic demise of my life as a result of these hypothetical events.

Suddenly something inside of me clicked…“He doesn’t want to kill you, he wants to control you!” The inner witness of the Holy Spirit charged my being with power that immediately responded to this unwelcome guest in my home! I began to SPEAK to him in a different tone; I was through being passive and “understanding of his feelings”. Initially I had felt obligated to let him share his “perspective” but with this fresh surge of power running through my veins I was thinking much clearer than when He unexpectedly stopped by for a visit.

I wasn’t searching for agreement or justification of what I knew to be right, I just acted as one having authority. Something inside of me grew strangely warm as I began to notice hope was burning inside of me.

I had the surging revelation that love was not just a lens for my eyes and thoughts, but the whole of my emotions as well.

I didn’t realize how sick my heart had felt previously until this fresh burst of life hit me like a grenade. The same power that hit my mind and thoughts was now moving through my emotions and feelings with an ever-increasing current. I no longer felt like a victim of circumstances or helpless by any means. I felt like life was overflowing out of my being that had the power to change everything around me! In an instant it was crystal clear what needed to happen. I stood up and said, “It’s time for you to get out of my house now!” It was as if blinding light entered the room as he stumbled out the door, scrambling to get his wits about him.

As I stood in my living room processing what happened, the Holy Spirit whispered over my shoulder, “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” I quickly repented for entertaining such a guest in my home, wondering how I let such a thing happen. The Holy Spirit was gracious towards me; it was as if He said, “Now that you know, go tell them.”

So here I am pleading with you to open your eyes to the reality that there is a spirit called fear desperate for your attention with the intention of controlling every area of your life. He is seductive, emotionally deceptive, and wicked to the core. He will stop at nothing to gain access to the deepest places of your being. Don’t be unintentionally controlled by a spirit that will ruin your life and don’t even let him gain access into your home. Turn off the news if you have too, delete social media accounts if necessary, don’t be a mindless puppet; you are responsible for stewardship of what you see and listen to. Don’t give the devil a foothold in your life!

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” — II Timothy 1:7

Justin’s conference is coming to our headquarters July 18–20. Discover your God-ordained inheritance of confidence @ Dauntless — Click to learn more →

Background on this article:

Justin Allen photographJustin Allen is an associate minister with Global Awakening. He brings a long history of prophetic and itinerant ministry, and is a graduate of our school of ministry. He is a regular speaker at many of our events, and resides in Tennessee with his family, where he and his wife have their ministry base. Learn more about Justin on his bio page →
Say something here...
or post as a guest
People in conversation:
Loading comment... The comment will be refreshed after 00:00.
    K · 5 months ago
    Typo on 4th paragraph, last sentence: "He" should be "he," uncapitalized. In 9th paragraphh, "Turn off the news if you have too" should be "Turn off the news if you have to." GREAT article. I'm just an obsessive-compulsive professional editor.
    Jim Rome · 6 months ago
    Hi Justin, I read your interesting experience. I tried to visualize, "He sat on the couch, propped up his feet....". Hmmmm....I wondered is this a story we need to put on the air? Would it benefit our listeners? I write and produce a daily 30 min radio broadcast. I have produced many programs for Global Awakening and teachers and students over the years.

Our listeners have heard it all so to speak. They are curious bunch. So my question; Did you see the manifestation, a visual image? Is this 'person', He sat on the couch, propped up his feet...." a demon ? "

Would you like to share your experience on our radio broadcast. Jim Rome Email Dr.jimrome@comcast.net Office, Studio 412 466 5655
    Joseph Cotten · 6 months ago
    Hey everybody, did you know Justin’s conference is coming to the Global Awakening headquarters next week? He’s bringing in Will Hart, Demetria Stallings, and Brian Guerin for DAUNTLESS. July 18–20. Learn about the event ($30 to attend the whole thing) at https://globalawakening.regfox.com/dauntless-mechanicsburg-pa-july-2019
    George Baird · 6 months ago
    Check out and discern intimidating fear of python spirit as it begins it's strangle hold to choke the life out of you. learn how it functions in the natural then apply that to the spiritual especially in dialogue as spoken words and intentions are twisted bringing conflict .

Donna · 6 months ago
    This was so good. I will be sharing with others. Thank you for your transparency!
    Kris · 6 months ago
    Thanks for sharing . I needed to hear this today. It’s no coincidence you posted this today
    MarthaRon Lucid · 6 months ago
    Thank you for sharing Justin. About 8 years ago fear slowly & so subtly sneaked into my life along with anxiety. No matter how I determined & tried to walk in love, it grew worse and worse. It affected my work, my health and all my relationships especially with my husband, we fought all the time. Last fall driving home from work, I felt the anxiety bind up within me to the point I didn’t want to go home. I cried out, what is going on… I heard the kindest words… Thank me for your husband. Honestly I said what? I really didn’t want to yet I replied really? I heard yes, so I did. I thanked God for my husband every day for about a month, every time I got upset, every time the fear in us screamed & the thick cloud of anxiety stood. I thanked God for my husband. During this months’ time I felt a shift in my heart, then God showed me that I partnered with fear. I repented, I said God I am so sorry for partnering with fear, I repent and cut the ties. I partner with You. Baam, the atmosphere totally changed in an instant. My husband who didn’t know what was going on can testify it was like a snap of a finger, the fear, anxiety gone. I am free again to be me, living in the light of His Love for me and passing it on. The fear has tried a few times to come back but I am now aware and tell it no no no you don’t, begone. My work, my heath and relationships are getting better all the time, I find myself talking to people when otherwise I would have remained quiet, having wonderful conversations, enjoying life!
    Thank you Father!
      Doug · 6 months ago
      Wow that really spoke to me, thank you for writing that.
    Whitney Abbitt · 6 months ago
    So good! Something I’ve struggled with for a long time. Thank you for your transparency.?
    Fay · 6 months ago
    Please pray for me. I’ve been living in terror for 9 months due to an eye issue that struck me.. when I get symptoms, I can’t help but be frightened. I start to think god is not there, that he’s ignoring my situation etc etc. I just ask please for prayers to keep me strong. I need peace, I need fear anxiety and terror to go from me in Jesus name! I pray to be kept on gods path...
    mum a fairly new Christian and have encountered some hard times since turning to god.... my mind is blown with it all.
      Lucy Campbell · 6 months ago
      Hi Fay
      Try to connect yourself to other strong Christians who can lift you up in prayer and offer support.
      God delivered me from panic attacks fear and anxiety many years ago.
      Its a daily struggle tho. The enemy wants you to stay isolated and feel like youre in the dark.
      These are lies. Dont believe them or give into them. I know its hard when ur flesh is overwhelmed. Even though your flesh is failing in these moments. REMEMBER God is with you in SPIRIT. It may not feel like that at the time but he has not given us the spirit of fear. But of love power and a sound mind. I will keep u in my prayers Fay. Keep praying for your deliverance from the Spirit of Fear and Anxiety.
      Also if u are bitter or unforgiving towards another it will hinder your progress with God (i am speaking from my own experience) Forgive them from your Heart. Repent and turn it over to God.
      HE alone can heal and restore you.
      In Jesus Name. Amen
    Lucy Campbell · 6 months ago
    Wow. Thankyou Justin.
    This spoke to me Loud and Clear. I am still in the Transformation process. I know the supernatural love of the Father now. And it changes EVERYTHING.
    Fear used to be my middle name. NOT ANY MORE.
    For me i had to "know" who i was in Christ and set my foundation on the Rock of Jesus. A while back i believe the Holy Spirit spoke these words to me. He said " Jesus needs to be your default setting now. Not Fear or anything else thats trying to steal your joy "
    Needless to say That radically changed my mindset from "earthly " to focusing on the Truth of who Jesus is in my life. AND we have to not trust our feelings sometimes and just go with what we know based on who God is and not what our natural mind is trying to tell us. Amen
    Norma thomas · 6 months ago
    Awesome article! Truth exposing the lies people sometimes accept and feel they have no other option. Bravo brother!!!
    Greta E · 6 months ago
    At a flight to Alaskan coast , that ugly fear came right up to my face and whispered that he could crash the two engine aircraft on a perfect wintry day . I replied in a whisper back ‘ go right ahead and do as you please . You can go as far as touching this clay , but the spirit which was breathed thru by a Living Spirit will go back to His Glory and you will never reach and try anything again !’ . He left - cowardly from my presence !
      Joseph Cotten · 6 months ago
      Wow, that's intense! I suspect a lot of us can identify with that, being in the air and getting attacked by fear. I love your response!
    Ray Hurst · 6 months ago
    I do 100% agree that a spirit of fear can and will come to kill steal and destroy. As a very successful Person Transformation Coach, I have also seen the platform that people have built for the spirit of fear to operate from.

I can say the majority of peoples struggles that we deal with are not what they are dealing with in the present. The biggest part of the problem is the beliefs they have before they were 10 years old.

When we help them to see the truth about who they were and what happened in their primary years of life including in the womb, a lot of their struggles are reduced to completely gone.
    The lies they allowed to build in their mind allows the spirit of fear to stand on a platform and gain more power to the point it can take control of their life!

When we know the truth and the truth will set us free, means if we are not free we do not have the truth somewhere in our life.
      Justin · 6 months ago
      Such a powerful observation. Let’s see fear torn down in Jesus name ?
    L Spear · 6 months ago
    Awesome word and awesome hope for those who are paralyzed with this unwanted guest in their homes. I've found the spirit of fear voluntarily takes his feet off my coffee table and makes a hasty exit more often than not when I start thanking and praising the Almighty and good God who will not leave me even if my worst fears are realized and Who promises to make good of all of them. Keep warring Justin! Thanks for sharing.
    Carissa Hjellming · 6 months ago
    Thank you for your transparency, Justin! It is through the power of testimony that many are set free. This was so good and a needed reminder for me, too!
      Justin · 6 months ago
      Transparency and honesty are absolutely necessary for growth and victory. So glad it ministered to you!
    Daphne Kaplan · 6 months ago
    This is good. The Lord has been ministering to me about getting rid of fear as well. Just like you mentioned the LENS...God showed me how my whole life was viewed through the FEAR LENS, which causes anything but power, love or a sound mind. All decisions caused negative results- 1 step fwd & 2 steps back. It's definitely tormenting & a horrible way to live. Ask God to take the lens of fear & give you the LOVE lenses to see through God's eyes instead (because God IS love) then decisions will start to change & cause victory instead of defeat.
      Justin · 6 months ago
      Fear is a choice to drop the truth and pick up a lie. The lens of the Spirit changes everything. Love this perspective!
    Todd · 6 months ago
    I lived with extreme fear for 38 years. It was in church when the Holyspirit came to me and said study love because perfect love cast out ALL fear. Then I got introduced to the Fathers love which eliminated ALL my fears. It is incredible. This love is for everyone and then keeping that as a lifestyle.
      Justin · 6 months ago
      God trumps everything else! He is better than the devil is bad ?
    Pauline Speers · 6 months ago
    Such truth ! It doesn’t want to kill you , just control you ! Well said , wants to devastate lives so that they become , mentally unstable , tortured and ineffective in the Kingdom . If only people could get this ! To just pick up the weapon that we already have , our authority , like you said ! Good word Justin . Thank you !
      Justin · 6 months ago
      So thankful for illumination that comes from the Holy Spirit! Glad it was encouraging to you.
    Kenny · 6 months ago
    “He [fear] doesn’t want to kill you, he wants to control you!”
    When fear is my lens, love can't flow freely because self-preservation becomes the priority. I can't say how timely this is for this particular season of my life. Thank you for sharing, Justin!
      Justin · 6 months ago
      So glad this was as impactful for you as it was for me personally. Believing for greater levels of boldness in your life!
      Joseph Cotten · 6 months ago
      We're glad to hear it's timely for you, Kenny!